The following examples best explain how to create slideshows with the dvd-slideshow tools. They get progressively more complex, so if you are a beginner, it is best to start with the first one and go through each one in series. You can also download the examples below so you can try these at home.
Examples are installed into /opt/dvd-slideshow to conform to the linux standards base.
- Very Simple: General syntax, title slides, displaying pictures, subtitles, and backgrounds.
- Simple: Fades, more complex titles and backgrounds, and special characters.
- Audio: Starting and stopping audio, multiple audio tracks, silence, and fades.
- Complex: Setting variables, cropping images, kenburns effect, scroll effect.
- 0.7.5: Shows changes up to version 0.7.5
- 0.8.0: Shows changes up to version 0.8.0
- Complete: Using dir2slideshow, dvd-menu, viewing .vob, creating and burning .iso.
- dvd-menu: How to use dvd-menu in different ways